Want to join the Pursuit?
Are You a Member?
Pursuit Fitness on FacebookBy: Rashid Azar
Recent Blog Posts
We asked for help in selecting the winner of “Best Transformation”, and after compiling the results from our survey, we are excited to congratulate Katie R. as the winner! We will be rewarding her with $100 cash for her awesome transformation and all of her hard work. During the 6 week competition she was able to lose 15.2 lbs and 6.9% bodyfat! Below is Katie’s story of what it was like being part of PFP’s New Year, New You Transformation Contest:
Before coming to Pursuit Fitness and Performance, I was in a workout rut. I had reached a plateau with my weight loss and wasn’t seeing the results I wanted. I needed a change. After hearing all about how great working out at PFP is from my friend, Tracy F., and seeing her own amazing results from the six-week transformation contest last fall, I thought I would give Pursuit Fitness & Performance a try.
I immediately noticed something special about this gym’s environment. All staff members went above and beyond to assist me with my personal fitness goals. Ryan and Adam were there each day to coach specific exercise techniques, answer questions regarding nutrition, and simply encourage me to work hard through each workout. In addition, both Bridget and Ryan were available for one-on-one sessions to carefully review my food journal and workout schedule to ensure I was armed with all of the information necessary to help me succeed.
Not only did I enjoy working with the knowledgeable, supportive staff members at Pursuit Fitness & Performance, but also, I enjoyed the workouts! I have been an athlete nearly all of my life, and the fast-paced interval sessions offered me new opportunities to challenge myself and improve my overall level of fitness. Also, because of the variety of exercises, working out at PFP was exciting and fun! I loved learning new exercises, increasing my strength, and shedding both pounds and my body’s percentage of fat.
In short, my experience at Pursuit Fitness & Performance was superb. In the beginning, I was just hoping to break through my plateau. What I found at PFP was a team of people who helped me do just that!
Congratulations to Katie, and everyone else who participated in the New Year, New You Transformation Contest. The results were really unbelievable and we are so proud of all of your hard work and dedication!
Who isn’t a fan of steak? Well, here is a healthy alternative recipe. Try this Salisbury Steak. This is fast and easy and you and your family are sure to enjoy them.
- 1 lb Grass fed beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp each salt, ground mustard, and onion powder
- 5oz (1/2 package) sliced white mushrooms
- 2 cups beef broth/stock
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 tsp arrowroot starch
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Combine the ground beef, egg, almond meal, salt, half of the pepper, mustard, and onion powder in a mixing bowl. Mix everything together with your hands until everything is nice and blended, being careful not to over-mix.
- Form the meat into three large steak-shaped patties, like you see above, and place on a baking sheet. These steaks are so naturally (and awesomely) fatty that you don’t need to worry about greasing the baking sheet. Place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- While the steaks are cooking, add the broth, mushrooms, and the other half of the pepper to a small pot. Bring to a simmer on medium heat.
- Once simmering, reduce the heat and med/low and let it simmer for about 20 minutes, until the mushrooms shrink a bit.
- Add 1 tbsp coconut milk, allowing the broth to return to a simmer. Add a little water to the arrowroot starch, and mix it together. Stir this mixture into the broth, and continue stirring until it thickens. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- After the steaks have baked for 25 minutes, broil them for an additional 2 minutes to give them a nice crusty look. Take them out of the oven, and scrape off the gunk on top. It’s okay, they’re supposed to look a little gross at this point.
- Plate the steaks and pour the gravy on top of them, and serve immediately. This dish goes especially well with mashed potatoes.
The first round of voting is over and we have narrowed down our Top 5 Best Transformations! Thanks to all who helped by casting votes! It is now time to determine the final winner for “Best Transformation” and $100 cash.
Please take some time to take a look at the results that our Top 5 Finalists were able to achieve – in only 6 weeks!
Please Share The Vote
Please pass this page along to your friends and family to get their votes in too! You have from NOW through Sunday, March 30th, at which time we will tally up the votes to determine the WINNER…so check back for the announcement to see if your favorite New Year, New YOU Transformation takes the prize!
Top 5 Finalists:
Stats: Lost 18.4 lbs, and dropped 5.6% bodyfat!
Stats: Lost 13.2 lbs, and dropped 2.1% bodyfat!
Stats: Lost 15.2 lbs, and dropped 6.9% bodyfat!
Stats: Lost 12.8 lbs, and dropped 5.6% bodyfat!
Stats: Lost 22.6 lbs, and dropped 5.2% bodyfat!