Want to join the Pursuit?
Are You a Member?
Pursuit Fitness on FacebookBy: Rashid Azar
Recent Blog Posts
Recently we hosted our Memorial Day Meltdown, and we are excited to show you the results that some of our members were able to achieve in just 4 short weeks!
To reward their hard work, we will be giving away one FREE MONTH OF TRAINING to the winner of Best Results, as decided by a public vote.
Please take some time to check out their results and cast your vote. It’s so impressive what they accomplished in only 4 weeks by focusing hard on their nutrition and workouts!
Please Share The Vote
Please pass this page along to your friends and family to get their votes in too! You have from NOW through Sunday, June 22nd, at which time we will tally up the votes and declare the winner of Best Results and announce the winner of the FREE month of training! And check back for the announcement of the winner on Monday, June 23rd.
Stats: Lost over 5 pounds!
Stats: Lost 2 pounds and over 1% bodyfat!
Stats: Lost almost 2% bodyfat!
Stats: Lost 3 pounds and 3.7% bodyfat!
Stats: Lost almost 2% bodyfat!
Stats: Lost more than 6 pounds and almost 2% bodyfat!
Stats: Lost 7 pounds and almost 3% bodyfat!
This month’s member of the month is Lori Harman! Lori became a member of Pursuit as a referral from her daughter, Madelyn. She has been everything that Pursuit hopes for with personal training clients. She schedules all her visits, and arrives early to get her foam rolling and breathing in so she is ready for the warm-up section when the session is ready to start. She has done an awesome job with the Success Principles – which is evident in her great results she’s had in a relatively short amount of time! Here is Lori’s story:
1. What brought you to Pursuit Fitness & Performance in the first place?
I asked for Christmas to have a Personal Trainer and my daughter had been going to Pursuit Fitness for about a year and she got me the gift.
2. What are your goals?
- Now one of my goals is to continue to lose more weight and get stronger.
- Get to a point where I want to go to work out, not have to go to work out.
- When I get to where I want to be, then my goal will be to continue to have a workout program to maintain.
- Find more healthy recipes and try to eat healthier.
3. What kind of success have you had?
I’ve lost weight and I’m sure inches, my summer pants of last year are too big. I find that I can fit into other clothes that I couldn’t. I am having less pain in some of my joints, but working out has certainly created soreness in areas I didn’t know existed.
4. What is your favorite thing about Pursuit?
There are a couple of favorite things. They let me work at my pace but they will prod me along without being a drill sergeant. There is always encouragement not only from the trainers but the others working out with you.
5. How do you make time to exercise?
Sometimes it is hard to find the time. There are times I feel I’m not getting things I need at home done, but, that is where the work sharing starts with the husband and adult children. I just make up my mind it has to be 3 times a week. I’m not cheating anyone but myself.
Congratulations, Lori, on all your awesome accomplishments so far! Pursuit Fitness & Performance is so proud of your achievements and we appreciate your loyalty! Keep up your hard work!
Baked Chicken Strips with Honey Mustard Sauce
This is a great meal to try for a week night, requires minimal preparation and bake time. This recipe was contributed by Kerry Robbers who has tried this out for herself from the Against All Grain Blog. Kerry substituted 2 eggs instead of olive oil to get the coconut to stick better. Thanks Kerry for your recipe submission! If you have a recipe that you would like to share please email to email@example.com with a brief description of the item, and an original picture.
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup dried shredded coconut, unsweetened
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground mustard seed
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 4 teaspoons honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all of the spices and coconut flour in a shallow bowl.
- Pour the olive oil into a separate shallow bowl, and the shredded coconut into a third bowl.
- Dip each tender in the coconut flour first, then lightly shake off the excess. Next, dip in the bowl with the olive oil and shake off the excess oil. Lastly, dip the chicken in the coconut shreds and use your fingers to press press the coconut onto the strips.
- Place the chicken strips on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, then turn the chicken over and bake another 10 minutes.
- Turn the oven to broil, and continue baking for another 3-5 minutes until the chicken has evenly browned.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix the mustard and the honey in a small bowl.
- Serve the chicken strips hot with the honey mustard sauce or sauce of your choice!